In order to play FairPoint Games on Demand through your Zone Alarm firewall,
you must set the firewall to allow communication with our game servers.
To do this, follow the steps outlined below:
Add Trusted IP Addresses
- Right click on the Zone Alarm
icon in the tool bar (next to the computer clock).
- Choose "Restore Zone Alarm
Control Center", the Zone Alarm program will appear.
- Choose "Firewall".
- From within the firewall section,
click on the "Zones" tab.
- Click "Add" and then
select "IP address" to add the IP address of the game server.
The "Add IP Address" window will appear.
- In the "Add
IP Address" window, make sure the "Zone" box says "Trusted".
In the IP address box enter "18.104.22.168"; in the Description
box enter "Games Server" (or whatever name you like), and click
- Please the previous repeat step for the IP address 22.214.171.124 in order to enable secure communication to all of the games servers.
- Click "Apply".
- Minimize the zone alarm program.
- This procedure should allow secure communication between the IP addresses
of our game servers and your machine.
- Allow Gplayer.exe to Run
- 10From step #2 above, choose "Program
- From within the Program Control
section, click on the "Programs" tab.
- Click "Add" to add
the Gplayer.exe program. The "Add Program" window will appear.
- In the "Add Program"
window, type the path:
"C:\Program Files\FairPoint Games on Demand player\Gplayer.exe" in the
"File Name" box and click open.
- In the "Program Control"
window, find the program: "EXETender" player, and click on the
blue question mark sign (?). Select "Allow" on the box that
appears. Do this for every question mark sign (?) in the "EXETender
- Close the window.
The above procedure will allow you to play FairPoint Games on Demand through
your firewall without compromising your security.